2011년 5월 4일 수요일

IBP Class in HPU :)

  
     Time has slipped along. Actually, I'm in module #3 now days, and I have only 2 weeks left in Hawaii(also HPU)!

     Before I came to the Hawaii, I was so excited because I always want to study abroad with other country students. Another reason why I expected HPU life so much was because of my major. In Korea, I majored in English and Literature(though I changed my major to English education). So I had a lot of interested in English, and I thought this is a pretty nice chance to me to improve my English. I don't want to miss out on an this enlightening experience!

     And I'm definitely satisfied with IBP class now. I want to introduce my IBP course briefly.

① Global Issue

- I learned many writing skills in Global issue class. This class help me to learn and improve my overall writing skills. I also learned how to write APP style essay in module #2, and especially professor Tijana gaves a lot of information and helpful advise to me. I'm sure if you take this class, you will get great ability in writing!

② Cultural Studies 

- As you know well, IBP class is comprised of many different aboard students! So it is really important to understand other country's culture. In this class, you can not only learn other country's culture but also you can learn Hawaiian culture. We went to Manoa heritage center or Bishop museum for field trip and it was really helpful to me to understand Hawaii culture! Furthermore, we have a lot of discussion in this class. So I can share my opinion or listen to other students ideas so far in this class.

③ Sustainability and Local action

- Sustainability problem is one of the most important thing in now days. We learned how we can live our life as plenty in sustainability class. But we have a lot of homework to do! Especially, we have to make a presentation for every final modules, and it is really hard work. But I can sure that your presentation skill will make a remarkable improvement in this class!

④ International Education 

- I strongly recommend this class for all IBP students. And actually, this class is mendatory for 2011 spring semester students. We read a book 'Enrique's journey' in module #1, and it was so impressed on my mind with great lesson. In module #2, we learned how to analyze movie and I think it was the most interesting task in IBP class. We also watched the movie 'Dangerous mind' and share our opinion about the relation between teacher and student in this movie.

     I hope these tips will help you to learn in HPU. Frankly speaking, I'm much gratified with the IBP program and highly recommend to do it.

댓글 1개:

  1. PEER EVALUATIONS IN CLASS 5/4/11

    I am so glad that you want to study with foreign student because I am one of your foreign friends too.

    -I majored in English and Literature this sentence in my opinion you should change to my major is English and literature.

    -Instead of using And you can change to furthermore, moreover, plus or also. You always you and this is your weak point. Another word choice is instead of using but all the time you can write nevertheless too. Hope you will improve by reading this feedback.

    -what do you mean by this sentence 'life as plenty in sustainability class'?

    -In this sentence 'you can not only learn other country's culture but also you can learn Hawaiian culture' i think you should erase can to you not only learn. This is my suggestion I am not sure it right or wrong i just suggest to you.

    -Your error word are APP and Mendatory. It's APA not APP and it's Mandatory not Mendatory

    답글삭제